How to make a Custom bow that is animated in MCreator 2024.1

Started by CashewTakuKitee on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 00:25, 3. May 2024
Joined Mar 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to make a Custom bow that is animated in MCreator 2024.1

I am attempting to make a custom bow with a pull back texture but nothing I do or look up works. I just want it to draw the string when you hold right click.

Last seen on 06:31, 3. May 2024
Joined Feb 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Single items can't …
Tue, 04/23/2024 - 08:46

Single items can't (currently) change to different textures, so your best bet is to make multiple of the same item, and change the item accordingly as a custom variable dictates how far the bow is pulled back.

For it to work with right click, go to 'Ranged Item Properties' in 'Advanced properties' tab, and tick 'Is this item ranged'. You can customize how you want the bow to shoot from there and it should customize your item.

The downsides though, is that switching the item would cause the bow to act as if you selected a new item each time it changed animation, and the switch might cause interference with the use altogether.

Last seen on 14:10, 3. May 2024
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I know that there is a…
Tue, 04/23/2024 - 14:21

I know that there is a workaround that, in the past, has used custom code to change the texture of a single item, and I thought that it might have been implemented without custom code in the newest MCreator version, but I'm really not sure. I just wanted to say that there is another possibility, but it might require custom code, and I'm really not very familiar with it.

Last seen on 00:25, 3. May 2024
Joined Mar 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks for trying to help me…
Wed, 04/24/2024 - 02:07

Thanks for trying to help me