User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Lang Json Files

Hello everyone!

I have a mod in curseforge and one of the users sent me a json file for localization for my mod.

The thing is, I can't import json files, only CSV? And the file gets removed from the lang folder in my mod src folder as soon as I run client or start a build. I imagine this is caused by the localization tab overriding my lang folder and removing the json files I drop there.

Do I really have to write every single entry manually in the localization tab? My mod has like 560 elements with half of it being items.. 

There's no way I can convert a json file to CSV it's just madness.

Can someone please give me a light here?

Last seen on 19:29, 25. Jun 2024
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hey Klemen! Thanks for the…
Tue, 05/14/2024 - 14:47

Hey Klemen!

Thanks for the help, sadly chatgpt couldn't help me.

I found a "fix" for now, If I drop the json lang files in the lang folder inside build>resources it does work in my client workspace even if the files gets removed in the src folder. So I can still test everything with the translations inside my workspace.

I haven't tested yet but I don't think the lang files will be there once I export to .jar. So for now I'll just have to remember to drop the lang files inside the .jar once I finish an update before uploading it.

It is actually not the worst thing. Much better than having to type manually every single item for multiple languages haha

Last seen on 19:29, 25. Jun 2024
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hey, final update! Great…
Tue, 05/14/2024 - 15:11

Hey, final update! Great news!

I tested it and the .json lang files dropped inside the build folder do stay after exporting the mod. Great!