Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Vanilla recipes override are broken?

A LOT of people is complaining about my mod not properly showing the new recipes, wich works by modifying already existing vanilla ones. The ones that I properly override with code. (same .json as vanilla but result is minecraft:air. and locked the element so Mcreator can't override the custom code)

I temporary fixed that by making recipes elements with my mod instead of chosing minecraft and overriding vanilla ones. But the vanilla ones still shows up, breaking the purpose of my mod.

I've spent the whole afternoon doing countless testings in a varied of ways and in many different workspaces, both new and old. In Mcreator 2023.4 and in 2024.1

Here's what I gathered so far:

• Only vanilla crafting recipes are broken, I tested with smelting, blasting, stone cutter.. etc everything works okay first try!
  • The only way I can make the recipes to behave correctly is if I either Create a new world and manually put my mod to the top of the list in the datapack configurations of the new world or if I enter the already existing world without the mod, download a new file of the mod, then enter again the already existing world.
  • It doesn't work with the overriding recipes either in my mod files or in minecraft files in src>resources>data>recipes. They still appear if I don't apply one of the fixes above.
  • changing workspaces doesn't work.
  • Neither changing the .json file to the layout of the vanilla recipes, or keeping the Layout that Mcreator generates seems to work.

Is someone going through something similar? Am I doing something wrong? Can someone help me?

Last seen on 00:05, 17. Jun 2024
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Oh! I see. Thanks Klemen!! 
Sat, 05/25/2024 - 15:37

Oh! I see. Thanks Klemen!!