Procedure for making mob spawn across the Overworld except specified biomes.

Started by Mymann on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 11:45, 23. Jun 2024
Joined Jun 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Procedure for making mob spawn across the Overworld except specified biomes.

I need help making my custom mob spawn in every biomes in the Overworld including modded ones from BYG and BoP While restrict them from spawning in unspawnable vanilla and modded biomes such as deep dark, mushroom fields and primordial caves from Alex's Caves

Last seen on 22:58, 22. Jun 2024
Joined Jun 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Make a new tag, and add…
Thu, 06/06/2024 - 19:30

Make a new tag, and add every biome you want, then select that tag as where that mob can spawn, because rather than picking the ones you don't want, you have to pick the ones you DO want.
The tag makes it easier so you don't have to pick all the biomes again for every custom mob you will want to make that can spawn in the same biomes.

Last seen on 11:45, 23. Jun 2024
Joined Jun 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Will I be able to include…
Sat, 06/08/2024 - 04:00

Will I be able to include modded biomes into the tags? Because that is what I really concern. In any case, from the first post until now I created a procedure that only allow mobs to spawn in the overworld and blacklist certain biomes such as mushroom or deep dark, that way the mobs can spawn in BoP and BYG biomes. But that still leave out the unspawnable biomes from mods such as primordial caves, thats what I really want, to find a way for Mcreator to distinguish unspawnable biomes automatically.