Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Creative Tab Order Size Issue & More

The title may be a bit confusing, but I wanted to shorten it down. I want to make sure I specifically mean the size of the window popup.

Basically, if you make a large mod, you begin to add a few more than just three to four creative tabs. At about 10 or more, things get a bit interesting. Basically, if you click the button to rearrange the order of items in the creative tabs, the window and tabs listed are a fixed size, meaning that the space you have to drag them around gets smaller as you add more. A potential solution I thought about could be to make the window resizable, but that's like putting a band-aid on a problem. Instead, the Vanilla tabs can always show, but the custom tabs could be placed in a drop-down menu, which maintains edit space with an unlimited amount of tabs.

Two other things I thought about is how some items in Minecraft are in multiple tabs, or how some blocks can be mined by multiple tools. My suggestion here was that the tab and tool selections in the element settings could be made into a list as opposed to a single item selection, which gives you the opportunity for better creative menu alignments, or more dynamic blocks.

Last seen on 12:08, 16. Jun 2024
Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Example image:
Sat, 06/08/2024 - 01:13

Example image:

View of the creative tab rearrangement window where the tab selection takes up 3/5 of the space.

Last seen on 12:08, 16. Jun 2024
Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you!
Tue, 06/11/2024 - 15:11

Thank you!