• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The end of the line
Thu, 06/20/2024 - 12:15 (edited)

Hello everyone,

This may come across as weird, given that Goldorion just made his post, but I wanted to say goodbye as well.

I too, wasn't active much in the recent months. I only made a single contribution in 2024.

How did my journey start? I joined the MCreator community a long time before the open-sourcing, back when MCreator was unorganized. In 2015, I was just a kid, learning how to code. But then, in 2016, I took a break. My grades at school were falling, so I needed to focus.

Then, just like everyone else, in 2019-2020, something global happened : COVID. I was homeschooled, I knew how to code better, so I was back! And when Klemen announced the open-source of MCreator, my dream came true! I started to add a lot of procedure blocks. Then came bigger PRs like the addition of the Brewing recipe, Gamerule and Villager (Trades/Professions) mod elements and many more...

But now, four years laters, I'm starting to get... bored. Because I'm still in school, I can't (and don't want to) spend my free time coding for MCreator. I'd rather watch movies, tv shows, or play video games. Like I said, I only made 1 addition to MCreator this year. I'm not even that active on Discord. I also need to be more focused about my future. I'll soon have a bachelor's degree, and in two years, I'll start to work if everything is okay. I don't even know if/when I'll have free time.

That's why I decided to stop. I may come back as an external contributor from time to time to see how MCreator's doing, and of course, I'm not leaving the main Discord server (NeoToolkit) but let's say my activity will be reduced by A LOT!

I hope some of you that know how to code will want to join the MCreator team, they will need a bit of help, now that 2 people left... (*insert laugh*) And I wish all of you the best if I don't see you!

TLDR: I'm stepping down from MCreator development team, but don't worry, I'm staying in main Discord server... (mainly inactive tho)

__ Max.

Edited by Max094_Reikeb on Thu, 06/20/2024 - 12:15
Last seen on 12:36, 26. Jun 2024
Joined Sep 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you for everything you…
Thu, 06/20/2024 - 13:02