Joined Jun 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to make a villager with a profession only speak once

I'm attempting to make a villager gain a nametag and send a message in chat when right clicked on, but only once, but every time I right click on the entity it repeats its message in chat, any idea on how I can just get it to speak once, and then not speak again afterwards? Heres my little snippet i have for said command. https://gyazo.com/93a53740564a9a3b8adb76e4749155ed

Last seen on 22:46, 8. Jul 2024
Joined Jun 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
and ive also tried removing…
Sun, 06/23/2024 - 05:04

and ive also tried removing the global trigger of "Player right clicks on entity" and that seems to do nothing, im stuck on this one, im also still learning work aorunds for Mcreator.

Last seen on 22:46, 8. Jul 2024
Joined Jun 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Solved (kind of?) I settled…
Sun, 06/23/2024 - 05:17

Solved (kind of?) I settled for changing the global event trigger to activate when entity spawns instead of on right click, would still be cool if there was a tick delay or something like that for him repeating his message every so often. and the messages still show up in chat occasionally with other villager spawns in the world, fortunately for me that shouldn't be an issue cause my world will be a sky block, so extra villagers should NOT spawn naturally, still feels like my procedure could use a lot of work lol.

Last seen on 11:11, 12. Jul 2024
Joined May 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I would have the procedure…
Tue, 06/25/2024 - 09:47

I would have the procedure check the entity for a custom NBT tag before running. If it exists, do nothing, otherwise do the stuff plus add the NBT tag.