User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Need Guidance and Support for Learning MCreator at a Slower Pace

Hi everyone,

I appreciate the support and resources this community provides. However, I face some unique challenges that make it difficult for me to keep up with the pace of updates and the learning curve of MCreator.

I don't have issues with English or my native language, Dutch, but I do struggle with processing and learning new software quickly. For example, I find it helpful to slow down tutorial videos to half speed to fully grasp the content. This slower pace of learning means that I often need more time to understand and master new versions of software.

I have been using MCreator version 1.8.3 because it was easier for me to learn and use. Unfortunately, since this version is no longer supported or available for download, I’m finding it increasingly difficult to transition to newer versions, which seem to have many new features and changes that are overwhelming for me to keep up with.

I’m trying to step up gradually, but the frequent updates make it challenging. I would greatly appreciate any advice or resources that can help me learn at my own pace. Specifically:

1. **Access to Older Versions**: Is there a way to access older versions of MCreator so I can continue learning at a pace that suits me?

2. **Slower-Paced Tutorials**: Are there any tutorials or resources that are designed for slower learning, similar to watching a YouTube video at half speed?

3. **Step-by-Step Guides**: Detailed, step-by-step guides for transitioning from one version to the next would be incredibly helpful.

4. **Community Support**: Understanding from the community that not everyone learns at the same pace, and patience when answering questions would be greatly appreciated.

My goal is to eventually keep up with the latest versions, but I need to do so in a way that matches my learning speed. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,

Last seen on 20:44, 2. Jul 2024
Joined Dec 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
  Hi Klemen, I appreciate…
Tue, 07/02/2024 - 14:13

Hi Klemen,

I appreciate all the hard work you've put into developing and updating MCreator. However, I’m facing some significant challenges with keeping up with the newer versions of the software. 

I’ve found that version 1.8.3 was the easiest for me to learn and use. Unfortunately, I no longer have access to it, and the more recent versions (like 2020.2 and 2024.1) have become too difficult for me to grasp. I struggle to keep up with the updates and new features due to my learning pace, which requires more time and detailed explanation.

Here are the specific challenges I'm facing and what I hope you could assist me with:

1. **Access to Older Versions**: Is there any way to download and use version 1.8.3 or any other older versions of MCreator? This would help me continue learning at a manageable pace.

2. **Learning Resources**: Are there any resources or tutorials designed for slower learning? I need something akin to watching a video at half speed to fully understand the content.

3. **Detailed Guidance**: I want to learn how to make advanced features like spawning an entity from a block, growing trees, using enchantments, etc. Step-by-step guides for these specific tasks in newer versions would be incredibly helpful.

I know you’re busy and might not always have the time to respond, but any assistance or direction you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I’m committed to learning and improving my skills, but I need to do so at a pace that works for me.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best regards,