• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Issue with importing premade armor textures? **SOLVED**
Tue, 07/02/2024 - 23:30 (edited)

Hello! 

This is my first post here, and I am still working on my first mod. Sorry in advance if this is a silly question, I've looked around the forums and couldn't find anything with this exact issue. 

I have custom armor textures I want to import as resources, but when I try to do so (workspace -> resources -> texture files -> import textures -> import armor texture), I get this window: 

Which I understand - I know armor textures need two layers - but when i click on the "..." to retrieve the file...

The folder with all of my armor textures appears empty (theres 20+ files in this folder) - all of them are PNGs, saved with unique names (not just *layer_1*.png), correct dimensions, etc. It seems like the software itself is looking for "Armor layer 1 texture files" instead of pngs, jpegs, etc... and it won't let me just switch to "all files" - that's the only option. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

Thanks in advance! 

EDIT: I realized i made a silly mistake by not including *layer_1*/etc in the name of the file. Thank you to Klemen for posting this answer!

Edited by faygeleh on Tue, 07/02/2024 - 23:30
Last seen on 23:21, 3. Jul 2024
Joined Jul 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I realized that shortly…
Tue, 07/02/2024 - 23:31

I realized that shortly after posting, thank you so much anyway! 

Last seen on 00:31, 4. Jul 2024
Joined Apr 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
when your mod will be out…
Tue, 07/02/2024 - 23:48

when your mod will be out since i checked this im really curious