• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Biome Creator and Jigsaw Structure Improvements
Thu, 07/11/2024 - 14:14 (edited)

Biomes

MCreators current biome element is pretty useful in figuring out how stuff works, however, the "help" and tutorials don't really explain erosion and weirdness very well or how they effect the terrain. Additionally, the biome element is missing 1 maybe 2 biome settings that would really help current modders. These Depth and Offset, both which are used by cave biomes.

• Depth is used by minecraft to determine where caves start and the surface ends, however, depth is also used by cave biomes to determine where at in the world to generate.
    • Deep Dark Caves, for example, has a set depth that it generates at.
    • Depth works a little something like this:
      • 1.5 is bedrock level
      • 0 is sea level (Y=63)
      • -1.5 is roughly Y=128
      • Deep Dark biomes have a depth of 1.1
  • Offset: As of currently I am still trying to understand what this does, however, I believe it ties into biome depth and biome size in some way.

Jigsaw Structure Improvements

Minecraft's jigsaw structures stores their pools in files and locates them through that, however, MCreator doesn't currently support that. If you moves your structures to a file that corresponds to those structures, they will disappear from mcreators resource tab and you wont be able to properly use them. Here is my suggestion. Additionally, I'm unsure if this is a bug or not, but currently, MCreator fails to set a start pool for jigsaw structures, forcing users to set the start pool through code editor.

• Update MCreator so that structures can still be found/locates when moves into a subdirectory of the structures subdirectory
  • Update the Jigsaw Element so that creating pools, instead, creates a folder in which the structures within set pool are moved to in order to properly call/set jigsaw generation.
    • Why this? This would help to better organize your workspace and files for those of us who want an organized workspace. This will keep your jigsaw structures separate from your non-jigsaw structures.
  • As mentioned above, from what I've experienced, MCreator does not currently set a start pool for jigsaw structures, (unless I missed something somehow) so implementing a start pool option at the top of jigsaw structures tab would be very useful to those who don't know how to use the code editor or know how to set a start pool.

Bugs

• Just one that I noticed right out the gate: As of currently, blocks with entities or special bounding boxes such as item frames, signs, and cakes can not currently be placed on custom stairs and slabs created within MCreator. 
Edited by TheVoidShadows on Thu, 07/11/2024 - 14:14
Just one that I noticed…
Fri, 07/12/2024 - 17:33
  • Just one that I noticed right out the gate: As of currently, blocks with entities or special bounding boxes such as item frames, signs, and cakes can not currently be placed on custom stairs and slabs created within MCreator. 

This will be fixed in 2024.2

Last seen on 10:04, 7. Sep 2024
Joined May 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
What about any of the other…
Sat, 08/17/2024 - 19:27

What about any of the other stuff mentioned?