Help with custom items/blocks issues.

Started by ThatCatholicGuy on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 19:10, 15. Jul 2024
Joined Jul 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Help with custom items/blocks issues.

Hello, I'm new to MCreator, but I've been able to figure some things out already. I've made an item with a custom description that places a block similar to redstone dust. I made the block texture in Blockbench, and the item in MCreator. However, I've run into two issues so far: When I run the mod, two copies of the item are in the creative inventory. One with a description, and one without. The one without places on the ground normally, and the one with the description replaces the block that you right click on. Also, the undescript one does not affect entities like it's supposed to. How do I fix this?

Last seen on 19:10, 15. Jul 2024
Joined Jul 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Nevermind, I figured it out…
Sun, 07/14/2024 - 07:05

Nevermind, I figured it out. The first answer is that the mappings look nothing like an actual image, so I select all of the 'cubes', and save as a texture, then apply it later. Took about two hours to stumble on that. Second answer was that in the placed block configuration, it says ' custom block item image'. I thought that was the appearance of the item creating it, so I selected my item texture. After fixing that, I set my main item spawn action to 'Y+1' in the 'right clicked on block' section, and it stopped replacing blocks.