Making Custom Logs Stripped perfectly!

Started by Opal_Saturn_X on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 03:06, 23. Aug 2024
Joined Jul 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Making Custom Logs Stripped perfectly!

At least as I know you can make logs stripped perfectly, and I might gonna make a direction/procedure on how to make it cuz people might get confused about the problems of MCreator Procedure templates.

1. Create a procedure then on the procedure template find "Strip custom Log with any axe"
2. Duplicate another then place in the main connection here

3. For each procedure, put "Swing main hand of [event/target entity]", and for the duplicated procedure change "item in main hand of" to "item in off hand of" and place "Swing off hand of [event/target entity]" here

4. Change each "if, do" to "if, do, else if, do" here

5. Duplicate the data and place the "not" data to the "else if" placement here

NOTE 1: Some logs have vanilla log rotation which means for each coordinates (X/Y/Z) should be positive, which will result as; "Up(Y), East(X), South(Z)." 

6. Make another template for the "else if, do" as follow:

if [is [ logic [get block at x:[[x] (+ or -) [1]] y:[[y] (+ or -) [1]]  z:[[z] (+ or -) [1]] [provided blockstate]] (and) [direction logic[Direction of; Event/target entity] = [(ANY)]]]

do 

< Replace block at x:[[x] (+ or -) [1]] y:[[y] (+ or -) [1]]  z:[[z] (+ or -) [1] with [provided blockstate] keep state [/] keep NBT/inventory [ ]

< Set direction of x:[[x] (+ or -) [1]] y:[[y] (+ or -) [1]]  z:[[z] (+ or -) [1] to [(ANY)]

< Remove [1] [item in main hand of; event/target entity] from [event/target entity] main inventory

here

NOTE 2: Each direction should a pattern included in the procedure follows:

1. if player is facing down, block rotation faces up
  2. if player is facing up, block rotation faces up
  3. if player is facing north, block rotation faces south
  4. if player is facing south, block rotation faces south
  5. if player is facing west, block rotation faces east
  6. if player is facing east, block rotation faces east

Note 3: for the x, y, z procedure, there should be a pattern included in the procedure follows:

1. if player is facing down, block rotation faces up, results with y+1.
  2. if player is facing up, block rotation faces up, results with y-1
  3. if player is facing north, block rotation faces south. results with z+1
  4. if player is facing south, block rotation faces south, results with z-1
  5. if player is facing west, block rotation faces east, results with x+1
  6. if player is facing east, block rotation faces east, results with x-1

7. Make sure it is duplicated 6 times each from the previous template (no. 6) and patterned by Note 2 and Note 3.

8. Duplicate the template and forwardly putting it in the "else if, do". 

9. Click "Save mod Element" and for the selected block, go to the triggers section, for the "On Block Right Clicked" put the Stripping Block Procedure to the box below. here

There ya have it folks!

Last seen on 05:52, 2. Sep 2024
Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Note: Help with modding …
Wed, 07/31/2024 - 03:43

Note: Help with modding (Java Edition) is a help request category. This is a tutorial tho.

The method you list here is great, but the way I'd do it is test whether the player is holding an axe in their on or off-hand, then play the sounds and animation respectively.

For the actual stripping, you can just convert the block to its registry key, remove the namespace and colon, add "stripped_" before, and test if the result doesn't turn to air if you convert it back into a block. That's how I did applying shears to overgrown blocks, or placing moss carpets on them.

Last seen on 05:52, 2. Sep 2024
Joined Mar 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I agree, it should probably…
Wed, 07/31/2024 - 03:44

I agree, it should probably be a built-in preset, but the list is very long as is. People becoming confused shouldn't be the reason for adding these things. The reason for adding a preset would be something you potentially need often. Log stripping is one of those things.

Last seen on 03:06, 23. Aug 2024
Joined Jul 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Sorry for the false topic…
Wed, 07/31/2024 - 08:42

Sorry for the false topic category, i just don't know some of the category topic and selected the first one and i said "oo this sounds interesting" and i realized i don't know how to change back the topic.

And also for stripping i remade it for my own and i haven't upload anything because i have more things to do.