Joined Dec 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
WHY did 2024.2 brick plugins?!

I was going to make a mod so i started MCreator, then noticed there was an update. I updated the app, only to find that literally all of my plugins have been bricked by the update.

Every single plugin errors "reason: plugin is missing supportedversions"

Am i seriously going to have to wait for all of these plugins (minus the 1.12.2 one) to get a 2024.2 version?? Whyyyy would you make plugins unsupported if they just don't have a list of supported versions?? If there's no version list, just make it assume it's a legacy plugin and load it anyway, maybe give the user a warning. Not only does this hurt current backwards compatibility with existing plugins (especially abandoned ones), but i'd bet this also makes plugin development more of a pain.

You know, this would be at least somewhat acceptable if every single new version of MCreator didn't remove support for older Minecraft versions. Like, seriously, why do i need a plugin to make 1.16.5 Forge mods?!

I am downgrading back to 2023.4. I cannot use 2024.2.

You will need to ask plugin…
Tue, 07/23/2024 - 14:31

You will need to ask plugin authors to update the plugins.

MCreator changes and plugins need to adapt. Similar to how Minecraft changes and MCreator needs to adapt.

You know, this would be at least somewhat acceptable if every single new version of MCreator didn't remove support for older Minecraft versions. Like, seriously, why do i need a plugin to make 1.16.5 Forge mods?!

If you find a team of people that will maintain all those old versions (in OSS manner) in official generator and keep code up to standards, we are welcoming them with open hands :)

Last seen on 09:55, 6. Sep 2024
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It's not as simple as adding…
Tue, 07/23/2024 - 18:50

It's not as simple as adding supportedversions to the plugin. If MCreator supports 1.20.1 and 1.20.6, a plugin made for an MCreator version that supports 1.19.2 and 1.19.4 isn't going to do anything even if you load it. And if you try to load a plugin that was compiled for java 17 on 2024.2 that is compiled with java 21, you're not even getting past the loading screen.