Switch through images in an overlay *UNSOLVED*

Started by The_CAT_9801 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 00:43, 15. Aug 2024
Joined Sep 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Switch through images in an overlay *UNSOLVED*
Thu, 08/15/2024 - 00:43 (edited)

Hi, I recently created this forum topic, and bo_bo (amazing user by the way) gave me a ton of help, but has told me he is not experienced with overlays and to create a new forum topic for the issue. I know this may seem like a duplicate, since I literally just copied (almost) my comment on the other forum post, but it's not, so please don't take this down!

I am making a mages staff that has 7 different projectiles. I saw this forum topic and it wouldn't help me in my situation. I already have the item and a string, player-persistent global variable to store the current spell. I am currently making an overlay to show an icon depending on the spell you want to use (my current issue). So essentially, I want to make a ranged item with 7 types of projectiles, but I don't want them to be in the inventory, which I have succeeded in, but I now have a problem with my overlay.

My overlay won't work after adding multiple different images (to show which spell you have active) for the overlay. I switch through the spells with image 1 and image 2 (right and left) which just use a keybind to set a string global variable to different values (which correspond to different abilities). I also use image 3 to check if the overlay should be displayed. As for the separate images in the overlay, I use image 4 to check which one should be displayed (modifying it to fit each image, of course).

Thanks!

Edit: I found another solution to this issue, since I got no responses.

Edited by The_CAT_9801 on Thu, 08/15/2024 - 00:43
My overlay won't work after…
Thu, 08/15/2024 - 13:52

My overlay won't work after adding multiple different images

Won't work in what sense?