Joined Jul 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Odd behavior during mcreator launch

I am not sure where to post this but during the launch process of mcreator it appears to generate a copy of discord-rpc.dll named jna[0-9]*.dll placed in %LOCALAPPDATA%\Temp\jna--[0-9]*.dll. My assumption is this is due to some discord integration you are using within mcreator but I have a request as a school administrator.

We block discord.exe via the discord signing certificate which also blocks the discord-rpc.dll file from launch even while renamed to jna12491636427341080724.dll. It would be great if either mcreator could use an instance of discord-rpc.dll placed in the installation dir like most other apps so unblocking is easy, or atleast at a minimum please stop renaming the signed discord-rpc.dll file as that sets off most EDR softwares as its extremely odd behavior and makes unblocking difficult. If its at all possible it would be nice for mcreator to perform a lazy-load or delayed load of the discord-rpc.dll file with an exception handler to ignored a failed load as that would allow us to continue to block it without creating any exceptions many games do this with there implementation of discord-rpc.dll such as fortnite and recent COD games which reach our block and keep going.

Please let me know if you need any assistance from us in resolving this issue.