Task :comileJava FAILED, 1.20.1 Fabric API SOLUTION.

Started by notxlua on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 18:24, 26. Jul 2024
Joined Jul 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Task :comileJava FAILED, 1.20.1 Fabric API SOLUTION.
Fri, 07/26/2024 - 17:22 (edited)

This is an easy fix because in every single forum I see there is no working solution.

If you, in 2024 are using the Fabric Generator (1.20.1) by Goldie, former modder and api developer, you are likely on the wrong MCreator version. Their API does NOT support the latest 2024 release. Downgrade the MCreator version, this will solve your issue.

EXAMPLE:

C:\Users\moreg\MCreatorWorkspaces\mod_name\src\main\java\net\mcreator\modname\YourModName.java:31: error: cannot find symbol 
        YourModNamesItems.load(); 
        ^ 

Originally, I thought that a class wasn't being defined. So I went into the init code and tried to implement my own class, however it ended

up being a much simpler solution. With the old API, it would usually define these classes during code regeneration or code building. Whereas now, it just dosen't happen since the version isn't compatable. Since Goldie permanently left behind the community (respect where respect is due), if anybody understands this I implore you to attempt to take up the reigns of the operation and update the mod API. Thanks for listening to my spheel, if this dosen't solve your issue add a message and I'll see what I can do.

Edit: The version you should use is 2023.4!

Edited by notxlua on Fri, 07/26/2024 - 17:22