User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Fortune and Silk Touch Procedure I made
Fri, 08/09/2024 - 15:11 (edited)

This procedure makes silk touch and fortune work on all blocks under a specific tag (in my case the tag is crystalcraft_unlimited_java:silktouch so replace every instance of this with your own tag). Replace "crystalcraft_unlimited_java:" and "crystalcraft_unlimited_java:blocks/" with "(your own mod id):" and "(your own mod id):blocks/". if there are also vanilla blocks in your tag it wont work and the procedure would require some changes. if there are only vanilla blocks in your tag just use the minecraft id.

How it works:

when you break a block the procedure will check if you are on survival, if you are and have a pickaxe with fortune it will check your harvest tier, since all of my ores can be mined with iron or higher I used 2 (iron) but you can use any number you want. if your blocks have different harvest levels you might be able to use estimate block harvest level at xyz but I am not sure about that, after verifying the harvest level it will check your level of fortune (the higher the level the more extra drops). it will then look at the loot table of your block and drop a random item from it (if you are lucky and get an extra drop from fortune). if you have fortune 3 the extra drops you can get is max 3 (make sure that the blocks you want to use this on do not drop themselves because you would be able to infinitely dupe them). if it turned out your tool did not have fortune it will check for silk touch if your tool has silk touch and is a pickaxe with tier level 2 (iron) (again tier level can be changed to your liking) and the block your mining is tagged with your tag it will drop a copy of that block and will remove the block itself before you can get the normal drop 

If you want feel free to remove the silk touch or fortune part if you only want 1 of the 2 enchantments to work

you can also make 2 tags one for things with fortune affecting them and one with things with silk touch affecting them, I just used 1 tag because in my case everything that I want fortune to work on silk touch should also work on

I hope this can be usefull for somebody there might still be problems with the procedure so if you find any feel free to send me a message

Edited by Lcs128X on Fri, 08/09/2024 - 15:11
Last seen on 20:52, 7. Sep 2024
Joined Dec 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Just figured out it does not…
Sun, 08/11/2024 - 17:10

Just figured out it does not work in 2024.2 and only in 2024.1 for some reason