Making vehicles with HUDs and more detailed guis and controls

Started by p51mustangp47 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 01:30, 6. Sep 2024
Joined Aug 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Making vehicles with HUDs and more detailed guis and controls

I apologize in advance for the long post but if you are willing to read through it all and have any knowledge on any of the topics, I'd really appreciate it if you would share it.

So, kind of new/returning to MCreator after a while and I'm interested in creating vehicles (planes, cars, boats, subs, etc). I have done it in the past by making entities ridable but I found that they could be a bit hard to control.

Biggest thing I'm wondering is how to make heads up displays for them that can give information about the vehicle and anything in it without having to open a separate gui.

Additionally, I've been wondering how i would make guis that can display to those heads up displays, examples being putting fuel or cargo in the vehicle.

I know how to make custom particles, but will experiment tomorrow if i can make them follow entities and appear at certain areas on the entities. Additionally, I'm not sure how to change those particles depending on the type of terrain the vehicle is on.

Finally, im not fully sure how to make custom controls for them, such as a throttle on planes or a diving mechanic for submarines.

Last seen on 01:17, 11. Sep 2024
Joined Nov 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
not gui, but ui, in the when…
Fri, 08/16/2024 - 04:24

not gui, but ui, in the when to display, you can make it display only if you are riding the vehicles, you can make dynamic text to display the speed, using a return text + value, as for the gui, I guess you can bind that to the entity, maybe have 2 options when you click the vehicle, one for fuel and one for storage, for fuel you can make it an item with durability, which at 0 becomes an empty fuel tank, and while you are riding the vehicle it removes 1 durability every tick, although with that it might cause issues with items saving in storage, for particles you could experiment to find the exhaust location and always have it spawning behind the 'head' of the vehicle so it always shows in the right place, as for controls I cant say I know how to help.

Joined Aug 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Oh tba 
Tue, 08/27/2024 - 00:50

Oh tba