User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Chromebook - Failing to see mod in-game

Hi all,

I feel like I am close to getting this to work, but am missing something along the way.  Here's where I am at:

• Activated Linux on my Chromebook
  • Downloaded and installed MCreator successfully, and everything seems to be working
  • Minecraft is in the native Chromebook/Android OS, which I understand is Bedrock Edition. It's installed and runs fine.
  • In MCreator, created a new Add-In and added some new objects (a new tool, block, biome) to test things out, and everything looks like it is working
  • I'm unable to test it via MCreator because it looks for a Windows launcher for Minecraft. However, my workaround is to export it then manually open in Minecraft. I found the mcaddon file and launched it in Minecraft, so it seems like this was a good workaround.
  • In Minecraft I see the addon and enable it both globally and also make sure it's enabled for a new world I created to test this
  • The problem:  I can't see the new items or anything else from the addin in the game itself.

Any ideas where I might be going wrong?  I'm new to modding and using mods (trying to get this working for my 7 year old). 

Thanks!