User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Enchantments Affecting Attributes Tutorial

Salutations, scrubs!

It is I, absoluteRat. I have uploaded a walkthrough video detailing how to affect attributes through enchantments. From my understanding, and, I'm a dumby so regard my understanding as "limited", I had found no concise explanation in creating enchantments that safely affect attributes, aside from a forum post way-back in 2019 that I had trouble understanding, especially as the imigur photo attached to the post was no longer available. Now bear in mind this could get dicey depending on how you need to execute such a method.

For attributes, you'd want to add your modifier with its respective ID where I add my +10 speed, and remove your modifier where I remove my +10 speed. I imagine using addition-based modifiers would make for the most consistent execution as flat values will return far more fluidly opposed to decimal values created by multiplication. If you're making an enchantment designed to have four parts to it, do not use "Set Base Attribute" on each armour piece as it will not be additive, or worst case, just flat out crash your game.

Any other related questions? Ask.

Truly,
A big fricken rat.

Last seen on 00:12, 7. Sep 2024
Joined Jul 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The video will be up again…
Wed, 08/28/2024 - 17:54

The video will be up again soon, I noticed an issue I have to address within the video and have made the appropriate edits. I am now only waiting for YouTube to reupload the video.