User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
So, I jumped into this program blind...

Hi all, new user here. 

A few days ago I jumped into this program blind and with gusto-- Oof... I know, but I do like the adventure of good rabbit hole! Armed with years of button mashing and Photoshop skills, I managed to make some simple things without instructions, an entire armor and tool tier, a few QOL recipes, a growing plant that drops fruit, some food and a leaky copper bucket! Yes, leaky copper bucket! It mostly works, so I'm satisfied. But now I've hit a wall, and I aint giving up without a proper fight! 

I cannot find current procedures stacks for update ticks for Crops! I downloaded all 7 versions from Northwest and watched about 80 minuets of tutorials, and all of them either don't import correctly or flat aren't right for Forge or don't work with 2024.2. So that's fairly frustrating out of the gate... also cant find even just a picture of what a working tick procedure looks like to rebuild the darn thing by hand! 

The other thing I'm trying to make is something like a furnace, only it doesn't use fuel, but rather consumes the item you put in and outputs another item. Having it do it automatically would be cool, but I'm just as fine with a click to craft thing (a button? a pedal?)-- mind you I know I can do this with a recipe, and I did that first. But that breaks the workshop-crafting immersion so I'd like to make a special crafting bench or some kind of crafting apparatus. I actually already have the block, gui and input/output items that are working, but the bench/furnace procedures that make it do the thing are lost to me. My brain thinks it should be simple, put thing in, press button, new thing crafts, profit! Only the if/do language gets a bit confusing. I think once I understand the language for getting the mod to see/check and do a thing when I click I should be golden.

And for one more brick on the wall that is going to make this fun like dental surgery to learn... I am High Functioning Autistic! Finding this program threw open a door for me that genetics slammed shut on me, I've wanted to make my own mods since open beta, only java script doesn't exactly pair well with comorbid disorders like Dyslexia, Adhd; or as I like to think of it, naturally occurring compilation errors! ::giggle snort:: I wish mcreator had built in procedures for crops, buckets, and crafting benches, and maybe it will one day, but that day is not today. Eventually, I want to be able to encourage others who struggle with various impairments and invisible illnesses to challenge themselves to create in the face of adversity! Where there is a will, there is a way-- or in this case a procedure stack!! 

On my bucket list of mods to make are; A tent that can be picked up. A sleeping bag, and a horse drawn wagon! I want to make stuff for the nomadic roamers, those who don't settle down, but are on endless journey of finding awesome places on their maps! Links or resources that aid in this would be greatly appreciated!!

I cannot find current…
Sun, 09/08/2024 - 14:16

I cannot find current procedures stacks for update ticks for Crops! I downloaded all 7 versions from Northwest

Certain workspaces with examples may be too old to still work in newer versions and will require adaptations