User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Looking for a team for a complex mod

Looking for Minecraft Mod Development Team

Hi, I'm posting again since my previous post got buried after 15 days.

What I’m Looking For:

I'm seeking 1 or 2 developers very familiar with MCreator, particularly with procedural work, to help with the hundreds of procedures needed for the mod.
I work mostly with nbt variables for the spellcrafting and spellcasting systems.

While I handle most of the visuals (models and textures), I’d love to add:

• An animator willing to animate in Geckolib
  • A model texturer

In the later stages, I’ll also need a builder for an NPC system that can generate settlements.

Main Features of the Mod:

• Spellcrafting and randomized spells
  • Invokations (pre-made spells similar to miracles, with a k)
  • Weapon attacks
  • Class-specific skills (e.g., rogue invisibility, druid faster movement through forests)
  • New enemies, loot, and dungeons
  • A semi-random quest system
  • NPCs that build, interact, and form relationships
  • A reincarnation system for a roguelike element

Why This Mod?

I love both Minecraft and RPGs (TTRPGs and PC games). As a DM, I enjoy creating complex worlds and systems, but it’s much more fun to build with others. So this is why i am looking for a team plus the size of the project. I am also working on an SMP for this mod. 

My main problem with other magic mods:

A lot of mods claim to have spellcrafting, but many either fall short on variety or lack balance. Also almost no thematic flavor. 
My approach is to keep the visuals more vanilla-friendly so we can focus on customization and player expression.

Current Focus: Spellcrafting System

I’m primarily focusing on developing the spellcrafting system, which includes 18 different elements, each with 2-4 spell scrolls. After that we can either work on the weapon attacks or on the invokations.

The Spellcrafting System

• Spell Scrolls define the basic form and element (e.g., a stream of fire called Embers).
  • You can modify these scrolls with Cantrips, which add or modify effects (e.g., larger AoE, multiple shots, or homing projectiles).
  • Glamours modify the spell’s visuals (e.g., phoenix feathers instead of fire trails).
  • Fragments can alter spell elements (e.g., water + embers = steam spell).

Current Progress:

1. Spell Scrolls: 2/3 of the fire element (Embers and Firebolt)
  2. All modifier Cantrips
  3. All spell effects for the fire element
  4. All visual Glamours for fire spells (e.g., fire slash instead of a bolt)
  5. All Cantrips affecting projectile paths

Server: Feel free to join the server if you’re interested in discussing the project further but so you know i just made the server: https://discord.gg/HVKSTt6HMr