• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Project-426 : The Alien mod
Sun, 10/13/2024 - 03:54 (edited)

Hello ! 

I've started working a week ago on my very first mod : Project-426 !

First of all, the idea may not be very original, because we've already seen a lot of Alien/predator themed mods for minecraft out there. (there is even one actually in developpement)

But to be honest, as a Hardcore fan of the Alien Saga, i was always dissapointed at the mods available.

I mean... They are not bad by any means, but they never get the things right.

AVP was too simple, Gigeresque is just... Well... Let's just say it feels like it was made by Ridley's scott fanboys... Every alien themed mod has something that may trigger hardcore fans like myself, and it's after seeing romulus in cinema that i had this idea of making one purely based on the main cast of movies with tons of features (Throwing away content from predator, AVP and covenant)

Anyway, let's talk about the planned features !

Mobs and Xenomorph life-cycle :

(models by me)

The Xenomorphs

The mod will feature the full Xenomorph lifecycle, including different mobs for each phases.

Ovamorph -> Facehugger -> Chestbuster -> Coccoon -> Drone -> Warrior -> Boiler (matured Xenomorph) or Queen

The Xenomorph itself will probably have different variants in the future, like the Dragon (runner) if it happens to be bred in a cow or a dog.

The working joes

Looking away from the xenomorphs, androids may try to harrass you in your survival world.

The synthetics will be divided in three categories : 

-Standard working joe : Acting basically like a zombie, but tankier and stronger.

-The damaged synthetics : Acting like a weeping angel, moving slowly only when not looked at, as long as you don't attack them, making them go berserk.

-The unstable synthetic : It will run at you and explode.

Finally there is our third planned entity :

The stalker

The stalker is a special xenomorph specimen that is specific to the mod planned storyline.

It will bring its own mechanics and gimmicks such as ...Obviously... Stalking you througout your world once triggered.

Further explanation would result into spoiler.

The Hive

Inspired by the popular trend of infection based mods, the xenomorph will be able to build a hive that can (and will) spread throughout your world.

Although for obvious reasons, the spread won't be as much overkill as the ones seen in mods like Spore, be wary though, neglecting a growing hive may result in more problems for the future such as a full xenomorph colony.

Structures and Story

The mod will feature a story wich will revolve around the stalker and the structures that may spawn in your world.

The Hadal zone

An abandonned research facility of the company located deep underwater in the deep cold ocean.

This structure is required in order to trigger the Stalker.

Old colony

Abandonned company colony infrastructures left in the overworld.

They may contain usefull loot and lore related items.

Slumbering Hives

Small Hives can be generated naturally underground.

Entering may wake up some unwanted guests in your world.

There is barely anything usefull there, why would you go in anyway ?

And that's relatively all that is planned for now !

I'm relatively curious what peoples may think of the concept, and if you have any ideas for the mod.

(Everything is subject to changes anyway)

Have a nice one ! 

Edited by KateDerWulf on Sun, 10/13/2024 - 03:54