Help with Achieving Realistic Vehicle Control

Started by GoodGuyOlo on

Topic category: Help with Minecraft modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 20:36, 27. Oct 2024
Joined Oct 2024
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Help with Achieving Realistic Vehicle Control
Sun, 10/27/2024 - 20:38 (edited)

Hi everyone!

Firstly I just want to say that I am no expert in minecraft modding and I just starded to play with MCreator about a week ago. So any help and tips would mean a world to me :)

I'm currently working on a mod (GeckoLib + Forge 1.20.1) that features various types of vehicles. Right now, I have a good vehicle model along with animations for driving forward, backward, and turning left and right. However, I’d like the driving mechanics to go beyond simply holding "W" or "S" for forward and backward movement while turning with the mouse.

What I’m aiming for is to have more realistic controls where the player can freely move the camera around the vehicle and use "WASD" keys for steering. Ideally, the wheels and vehicle would respond naturally to directional inputs.

Additionally, I’m looking for tips on how to implement realistic weight and gravity for the vehicle, so it can respond to the environment more dynamically instead of always staying perfectly level with the ground. Because currently, i am not able to go up the blocks unless i have strafe movement control enabled in my entity config.

Any advice or insights on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by GoodGuyOlo on Sun, 10/27/2024 - 20:38