What is a vanilla zombies spawn probability?

Started by poolcool2 on

Topic category: Help with MCreator software

Last seen on 19:39, 18. Sep 2019
Joined Jan 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
What is a vanilla zombies spawn probability?

I am trying to make a rare version of a zombie which has slightly better stats and drops better loot but I am not sure what to set the spawn  probability to because I don't have any references to go off of. If someone know I would like to know the spawn probabilities of some basic mobs ex: pig, zombie, skeleton, creeper, etc.

but at least the spawn probability of zombies

Last seen on 00:18, 26. Mar 2022
Joined Jul 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Also wondering
Thu, 02/07/2019 - 02:27

Also wondering

Last seen on 19:30, 8. Feb 2023
Joined Jan 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
same
Tue, 09/17/2019 - 02:17

same

Last seen on 21:12, 14. Jul 2023
Joined Jan 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I was also curious about…
Wed, 09/18/2019 - 16:50

I was also curious about this and decided to do a bit of poking around. This might be a long post so apologies beforehand.

I also want to just point a finger at MCreator since 'spawn probability' is NOT the right word for this number. It's the spawn weight. This is why it gets so confusing.

These were tricky to find since Minecraft's code is obfuscated (for the unaware, it basically means everything has jumbled up names so it's impossible to read the code). However, after a while of poking around I found this post on the Forge forums.

One important thing to keep in mind, even though this doesn't apply to your rare zombie situation, is that the world always tries to have an even amount of mobs. If you have a monster that can spawn at day, it will do so rapidly since it's the only monster available at that moment, and the game needs to 'fill out it's mob slots', whereas if you have a monster that spawns at night you have to compete with the other monsters.

Anyways, enough chatter, here's a list of spawn 'weights' for some basic mobs.

Sheep = 12
Pig, Chicken, Bat, Squid, Enderman = 10
Cow = 8
Zombie, Skeleton, Spider, Creeper, Slime = 100
Witch = 5

I won't bore you with confusion since I'd prefer to write a guide on this. Personally I'd give your rare zombie a probability of 10 meaning it's about as likely as an Enderman to spawn. Or you could set it to 5, and make it as rare as a Witch, or somewhere inbetween or even rarer. 

Enjoy! =D I'll link the guide when it's done.

Last seen on 19:39, 18. Sep 2019
Joined Jan 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I have long stopped working…
Wed, 09/18/2019 - 19:24

I have long stopped working on this so it is not of much help to me aside from satisfying the curiosity that has been lingering within me and frustrating me, yet I truly appreciate your help and deeply thank you for it. Even though this won't help me anymore it will help all the people who end up in my situation so they won't have to go through all of this like I have. Better late than never, I am deeply greatful for your contribution to the community and for still wanting to help me and those with me who have waited years for this.

Last seen on 19:30, 8. Feb 2023
Joined Jan 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks for helping…
Thu, 09/19/2019 - 01:30

Thanks for helping. Appreciate it

Last seen on 15:27, 10. Oct 2022
Joined Jan 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
ima use this post till the…
Thu, 09/19/2019 - 13:00

ima use this post till the end of time

Last seen on 15:27, 10. Oct 2022
Joined Jan 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
(Also good to know mojang is…
Thu, 09/19/2019 - 13:01

(Also good to know mojang is like me and just names their stuff random stuff out of the lack of wanting to type detailed names