Joined Jul 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to make an item that shoots.

Hello there, I was trying to make a gun mod, but i don't know how to make an item fire something that does damage and makes a sound.

Please help me!

Thank you :)

Last seen on 00:30, 24. Aug 2023
Joined May 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
What you're looking for is a…
Wed, 07/18/2018 - 04:44

What you're looking for is a Ranged Item- right underneath "Item" in the new element menu. Though I will warn you that the menu has seldom received updates since its creation. 

You cannot:

• Have custom fire rate. All guns will fire roughly 4 bullets/sec (if automatic)

• Change magazine size. Magazines don't even exist in MCreator. The ammo is simply taken straight from the inventory.

• Make custom scope. In fact, scopes don't exist either.

• Disable bullet drop, meaning all bullets will have gravity.

• Change accuracy/spread of weapon

• Give ranged weapons 3D models

• Make burst weapons of any kind

• Give ranged weapons recoil

• Have homing bullets

or

• Import custom sounds

All in all, I would not rely on MCreator as a way to make a gun mod. I tried to do the same and was greatly disappointed with the surprising lack of customization for ranged weapons. However I can redirect you to CrackShot, a plugin for servers that allows for everything I just listed and more.

Its extension, CrackShotPlus, adds full support for gun textures, reload animations, custom sounds, attachments, dual wielding, homing bullets, lasers, headshots, kill feed, and the list goes on and on forever!

Last seen on 18:13, 28. Dec 2023
Joined Oct 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
For my gun mod, I made a…
Mon, 10/09/2023 - 04:01

For my gun mod, I made a ranged item called bullet, then made another called gun and the gun required ammo (bullet) and shot projectiles with 100 power (so it goes very fast and almost perfectly straight), 0.1 damage (actually 5 hearts) and 1 knockback. The gun can 2 shot a creeper/zombie/husk/player/etc.