RE: Localisation Files in MCreator 175

Started by JzCraftFCR on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 15:52, 9. May 2023
Joined Mar 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
RE: Localisation Files in MCreator 175

I know the issue is with the modmaker itself, however i've used the exact same version to make my biggest mod, without any localisation problems. I do not know what causes this, ever after looking extensivly throughout my exported mod.

What I ask of the moderators is to tell us how to fix it post-export or atleast tell us what the root of the problem is, so we can do it ourselves

It would be quite hard to…
Wed, 12/26/2018 - 12:12

It would be quite hard to fix this by hand as MCreator will immediately overwrite them. I suggest you to start using a newer version as we will drop support for older versions very soon.

MCreator 2.x.x will support plugins so the community will be able to write generators for older versions, but for now consider using the latest version of MCreator which is much faster, better and more stable.

Joined Mar 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks for the quick reply!…
Wed, 12/26/2018 - 16:53

Thanks for the quick reply!

Sadly I cannot change to a new version, as the mod I'm currently working on is an expansion to an old mod for 1.11.2 that I do not have the mcr file for anymore. Thanks for the help, even if you didn't fix my issue, it's appreciated.

Joined Mar 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
For anyone who's intrested…
Thu, 12/27/2018 - 13:39

For anyone who's intrested in this issue, I found something in the code of a block I made.

It looks like MCreator wasn't setting the unlocalized name to what I set it to. Doing this by hand results in the block having the name "tile.Nuke Test Bench.name". I'm trying to remove the "tile." and ".name". Will keep you posted
.setUnlocalizedName("Nuke Test Bench")