3D block invisible

Started by Xrane626 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 23:10, 20. Aug 2021
Joined Nov 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
3D block invisible

So, I made a simple model in Blender and exported it as a .json, with textures and everything. I put it in Mcreator and I loaded up the client, the block exists, but it is invisible. I have a couple suspicions, but im not sure if they are the correct problem.

1) The texture I made is custom and isn't the same size as MCreator usually has for pixels but much smaller. In blender I had it so that it worked and it looks like a normal block.

2) The block is bigger than the normal block size. I made the block the correct size, but in some areas I extruded it out for some more depth, along with added some squares next to the main texture to fill in for more colors not within the 16x16 area.

3) I used MCreator a long time ago and Im just back into, I could've easily messed up something.

4) Texture Mappings. When I imported the .json, It asked for texture mappings, but it wouldn't let me input my texture, and when I created a new one, it just moved me on...

It could be something else, but those are my suspicions. If you could look into this or help me out, It would be very appreciated :)

Last seen on 04:33, 12. May 2019
Joined Jul 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
At the moment Blender is not…
Mon, 02/11/2019 - 22:21

At the moment Blender is not working for custom models (Made one but didn't work) I'd suggest Blockbench or MrCrayfish Modeler. If you still want to continue making models with blender, maybe make it an obj file instead of a json. Hope this helps :)

Last seen on 22:38, 28. Feb 2023
Joined Sep 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I would suggest that you…
Wed, 02/13/2019 - 13:02

I would suggest that you remake the model in something like MrCrayfish's Model Maker, Techne, or BlockBench. Keep the old model though, because if it still doesn't work after remaking the model in those programs then it might be something in MCreator. Keep me updated, I'll answer any questions you have about the programs I listed if you have any. They're all pretty much commonly used along side MCreator.

Last seen on 11:44, 13. Jul 2020
Joined Aug 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I know this was alive in…
Tue, 09/24/2019 - 19:53

I know this was alive in 2016 but i'm actually having this problem now. I made the model completely in MrCrayfish's Model Creator (v0.7.0) and exported into a .json file. After i imported, i don't understand what they mean by texture mapping because you can edit or input anything, you can just make a new texture mapping or delete one. Please help i really wanna finish my vertical slabs :).

Last seen on 11:44, 13. Jul 2020
Joined Aug 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Nevermind i mistook "Joined…
Tue, 09/24/2019 - 19:54

Nevermind i mistook "Joined Sep 2016" with "Last seen on ----- 2019"   sooooorry!