Trying to add Special traits to armor but dont know how

Started by A_GIANT_POTATO on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 13:06, 1. Sep 2019
Joined Aug 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Trying to add Special traits to armor but dont know how

So Im trying to add special traits onto armour and weapons, for example I have a custom armor set that I want to be resistant to fire and lava (as if it had the fire resistance enchantment) but with out it actually being enchanted, along with the same toolset's sword being able to deal extra damage to nether mobs. Is there any way that I can do this?

Thanks in advance.

Last seen on 07:58, 13. Apr 2020
Joined May 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If you want to add the fire…
Fri, 09/06/2019 - 16:18

If you want to add the fire resistance set bonus to the armor the only way to do that currently is to give the player the fire resist potion effect when they have all armor pieces on. As for a sword that deals more damage to nether mobs Im pretty sure it's not possible right now, but will probably be possible in the next update. Something similar could be done in 1.90 however, just make a global procedure, make the trigger on player tick update, and check if the player is 1) holding the nether sword, 2) in the dimension id of the nether (1), then you can give the player a Strength potion buff when both of these requirements are met. just a thought, good luck :)

Last seen on 19:55, 7. Jan 2021
Joined Aug 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You could test if the hit…
Sat, 09/21/2019 - 09:32

You could test if the hit mob is a specific mob, which you could set to a nether mob?

Status effects would work…
Thu, 09/26/2019 - 22:25

Status effects would work for the fire resistance, however, things like feather falling or frost walker would need to be an enchantment which is not possible yet. You can always suggest an option for recipes to apply enchantments to items when crafted.