Is it possible to rotate a schematic when placing it?

Started by HarshMyMello on

Topic category: Help with MCreator software

Last seen on 21:45, 23. Sep 2019
Joined Sep 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Is it possible to rotate a schematic when placing it?

I'm working on a pvp-based mod that revolves around on creating structures with items. I thought my best bet was to use schematics, but I can't figure out how to rotate them based on direction you're facing. I haven't found any options related to it, so I'm wondering if it's even in mcreator at all. Is it?

Last seen on 00:30, 24. Aug 2023
Joined May 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I wouldn't use schematics…
Tue, 09/24/2019 - 23:23

I wouldn't use schematics. They're old and deprecated. For most uses, Structure Blocks are the way to go. There're tons of videos on how to use structure blocks in Minecraft; like this one I used

So when you save a structure in Minecraft, it automatically generates a .NBT file with the entire structure in it. I suggest making the structures in the test environment because there's a feature in MCreator to import .NBT files straight from Minecraft but only if you use the test environment.

Anyways, at 4:45 he mentions the ability to rotate the structures using the LOAD structure block. Unfortunately, you can't rotate them in MCreator, so you have to make your structure, then copy-paste it 3 more times in all different directions (north south east west) and save them all as separate structures. 

After that, it's as simple as making a procedure that detects which way the player is facing and placing the structure accordingly. Use the "Entity direction in deg. relative to S" block to test direction and "place at x y z schematic" block to place your structure.