Need help with trying to make a mob with custom ranged attacks

Started by shadowmaster2119 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 01:34, 21. May 2020
Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Need help with trying to make a mob with custom ranged attacks

I am trying to make a wizard entity boss mob that has custom ranged attacks. I need to know how I can get my mob to use a ranged item like a bow because from there I can customise what happens. Need help desperately due to the fact that ranged custom attacks will be necessary for my mod. 

Thanks,

Shadow

Last seen on 20:11, 16. Aug 2023
Joined Sep 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
In the page with commands :…
Tue, 10/15/2019 - 22:05

In the page with commands : Panic when attacked, agressive towards (mob) etc. There is an option for ranged attacks. There you can choose the item that you want them to 'shoot'.

You can also equip the boss with a 'staff' in the mainhand or offhand slots

Hope this helped!

Last seen on 01:34, 21. May 2020
Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The problem with ticking the…
Thu, 10/17/2019 - 00:06

The problem with ticking the "ranged attacks" is that it only changes the texture of the item shot and not the properties. I need to get it to shoot something that explodes.

The staff... It wouldn't have the range needed because it's meant to be a wizard that shoots magical projectiles. I just need help with getting it to use a ranged item. although if you could elaborate on the "staff" and how I could get it to do it I could probably make it work. 

Thanks,

Shadow

P.S. Thanks for the suggestion. This is really necessary for my mod so I appreciate it.