[1.12.2Version] Suggestion: Set block/item to have a emmisive property.

Started by Darth Feanor on

Topic category: Feature requests and ideas for MCreator

Last seen on 21:28, 29. Mar 2020
Joined Apr 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
[1.12.2Version] Suggestion: Set block/item to have a emmisive property.

Now I don't mean have it emit light, that's easy, I mean emissive texture box, or button thing like other things you simply check for yes or no. I have searched around on MCreator and have not found such a thing to exist, as far as I can tell. This would be a nice addition for some cool effects o blocks, items, maybe even entities? I know this can be done in 1.12.2 as optifine has had this feature for a while now as part of its special resource packs. My hope is that it will be something added for the update of the 1.12.2 MCreator before it is abandoned for the 1.14.4.

Perhaps this could be done by default when you add a texture to say an item, however a texture with certain parts of it(the ones you want to "glow") also exists under the same name but with "_glow" to tag it as a emissive texture?

Last seen on 05:27, 24. Jun 2020
Joined Dec 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
how do you make a item emit…
Thu, 04/23/2020 - 16:05

how do you make a item emit light?

Last seen on 00:30, 24. Aug 2023
Joined May 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
This would be very nice for…
Mon, 04/27/2020 - 16:16

This would be very nice for things like glow-in-the-dark ores and things like that. But I could imagine a whole bunch of interesting concepts coming from this addition! I'm not sure that MC supports this, though. So I think emissive textures are only possible with Opfifine right now.