Combining two mcreator mods into one workspace

Started by PythonIsCool on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 23:41, 3. Jun 2021
Joined Dec 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Combining two mcreator mods into one workspace

Ok, so heres the issue. I worked super hard on my Jojo mod, and I want to add everything in the mod into a new mod I'm making, but the problem is I don't know a way to do that. And for God's sakes, don't say do some research, because I just spent 20 minutes doing research and the only thing I saw was a guy from 2013 who never got a response, so...

Last seen on 00:30, 24. Aug 2023
Joined May 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I've actually done this…
Tue, 04/14/2020 - 18:52

I've actually done this before. It's a pain but it's doable.

First, in the workspace that you want to transfer the elements to, make an element with EXACTLY THE SAME name and type as the one in your other mod, but don't fill out any data- just make it with all the defaults.

Next, navigate to where the workspace with the real one is, physically on your computer, and open the "elements" folder.

Now find the file that has the name of the element you want to copy. It will look like [ELEMENTNAME].mod.json

Copy that file and put it into the "elements" folder of the workspace you want to transfer to.

Now, back in MCreator in the workspace you want to transfer to, you'll see that the element you copied is now filled out with the information you want. You're done transferring one element.

You can transfer elements in bulk. Just make all of the "dummy" elements you want to copy, in the workspace you're transferring to, then copy all of them from the old workspace to the new one.

Last seen on 00:34, 27. Apr 2021
Joined Apr 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you so much! I've…
Wed, 04/21/2021 - 15:43

Thank you so much! I've needed this!