How to Open GUI? [RESOLVED]

Started by RaeaTheDev on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 16:59, 19. Jun 2020
Joined Feb 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How to Open GUI? [RESOLVED]
Thu, 05/21/2020 - 10:08 (edited)

Yo, I'm making a mod and I'm trying to get a social interaction GUI working. I'm using MCreator 2020.3

The open GUI procedure I made is called and runs fine since I originally just had a print statement to let me know the right clicking on the specific mob triggered it fine.

The issue is I don't know how to get the GUI to pop up. I've looked at the tutorials but the way they show must be outdated because some the open GUI node isn't there. When I used the template library all I can find is the open GUI if the entity is in creative mode. I popped that in to just see how I open the GUI and I saw the Open Screen node.

But when I plug that in with the event/target entity and location it doesn't show up. And I tried to use the source entity node unsure of what the issue was but it stop the procedure saying it failed to load the source entity so I figured I'm using that wrong. The event/target entity though is the custom mob. The print statement is still firing so I'm really confused about what the issue is or how to resolve it.

If anyone could help me out, maybe I'm missing something really simple; I'm going to keep tinkering with it but currently I'm very much stuck.

Edit: After a while I realized the issue was that it was the weapon entity that was being tracked and that wasn't running right. But I figured a way around to get it to work right :D

Edited by RaeaTheDev on Thu, 05/21/2020 - 10:08
Last seen on 03:18, 17. Nov 2021
Joined Oct 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Player procedures
Sun, 10/31/2021 - 05:19

Player procedures