Started yesterday, tutorials not helping

Started by Yoshida_Eiji on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 05:43, 26. May 2020
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Started yesterday, tutorials not helping

So, I have no idea of coding but I have ideas for mods and I started to play around with MCreator. I watched the videotutorials about procedures but I'm still so confused about how each block works. I think that an explanation on the wiki about the specific functionality of each block could be great for the absolute newbies like me. Existing tutorials, instead of clarifying anything, got me even more confused. 

Then, I started testing MCreator features making so simple addings. Blocks and items, related with recipes. All ok. But then I had ideas for a new fluid, and there started the headaches. Firstly, the luminosity feature doesn't work at all, or I am messing up the thing too much, but the fact is that although I set the luminosity to the maximum the fluid doesn't emit light at all, and the same occur with the gas checkbox. I check it but the fluid doesn't flow upwards, as it says. I only added a procedure to get potion effect when you collide the fluid (as it is supposed to be that potion fluid version), so I would like to know what I'm doing wrong. 

Last seen on 14:24, 21. Feb 2022
Joined Jun 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I don't know what is wrong…
Sun, 05/24/2020 - 07:43

I don't know what is wrong with the luminosity but you need to set the density to negative for it to properly become a gas. 

I know it's weird that the checkbox and the density have to be set but mods are weird sometimes.

Last seen on 22:41, 29. Dec 2021
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The luminosity is likely…
Sun, 05/24/2020 - 11:47

The luminosity is likely doing nothing because you might have set it higher than 1. For some reason, instead of it being 0-15, it is 0.01-1.

1 is equal to a light level of 15.

Also, the procedure tutorials are all probably outdated due to a new-ish system in 2020.3, and also, if you click on the little “?” (Not it the procedures, I’m talking about the options) it gives you a description on what it does. If it doesn’t that means that it was added after they wrote the descriptions, but they will have them soon.

Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you to both for giving…
Sun, 05/24/2020 - 12:24

Thank you to both for giving so quick response. 

Unfortunately, I have to say that nothing worked. I set up density to a negative value and then checked the gas checkbox. Nothing happened, the fluid still flows downwards as a liquid. Also, I tried to set luminosity to 1 and then to 0.8 and whatever I do the light never brights. By the way, it allows me to set up values between 1 and 100 so maybe this changed with the new version as well. Whatever, nothing seems to work properly. 

Regarding the procedures, I didn't find any "?" in the procedures options. Maybe they weren't added yet as you said, maybe I'm looking for it in the wrong place. In any case I'm looking forward to learn how I can use all of them. 

Last seen on 22:41, 29. Dec 2021
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
“if you click on the little …
Sun, 05/24/2020 - 12:26

“if you click on the little “?” (Not it the procedures, I’m talking about the options)”

Not in the procedures, the other options, like luminosity, etc.

Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Yes, I'm aware of that, in…
Sun, 05/24/2020 - 12:31

Yes, I'm aware of that, in fact it helps a lot, except the cases when they seem to not work, like this.