Modded frozen ocean not actually frozen

Started by Mad Alchemist on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 10:30, 5. May 2022
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Modded frozen ocean not actually frozen

Hello! There is a biome in my mod which must look like vanilla frozen ocean, only much deeper (mod is about alien planet with sealevel 240, had to edit source manually to raise sealevel but it's ok). Everything works fine except ice on top of water - and I don't know why, because eberything looks right in biome settings.

But, in case if something wrong:
Raining possibility = 0.9 (There must be snow instead of rain in ice biome?)
Biome temperature = -0.75
Biome type (Temperature group) = ICY
Biome parent = frozen_ocean
Biome dictionary types = WET,WATER,OCEAN,COLD

I am using MCreator 2020.2 with Forge 1.12.2 generator

Is there something wrong with settings, or this is MCreator problem, and how to fix this?
Switching to 2020.3 and newer minecraft versions is not an option at this moment.

Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Also, there must be some…
Sat, 05/30/2020 - 16:01

Also, there must be some plantlife on top of water. I already have floating trees with sponge-like roots, but need something like lilly pads but in different shape and color. Or, at least, vanilla lilly pads as a last resort. Underwater life is limited to spidercrabs (spider model with different texture and AI) and xenomites (blue peaceful silverfishes). They both spawns at hydrothermal sources (stone block with hole on top that emits lot of smoke). There are also slime blobs, hostile slime-like cubes floating on top of water, applying poison and little generic damage on contact, and they have chance to spawn new slime blob when killing their prey. And, there are exoghasts - retexturized ghast models, peaceful to player but hostile to slime blobs (exoghasts feed on them), they spawn randomly everywhere if there are slimeblobs, and a bunch of them spawns when player discover new floating tree. Exoghasts explode on death with power like creeper, because they are full with hydrogen or methane in order to be able to fly.

Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Ok, thanks, people here are…
Sun, 05/31/2020 - 17:22

Ok, thanks, people here are soooo "helpful". I found solution myself. It's ugly but at least must work: block that is similar to gravel in this dimension will randomly check for water block at Y=240 above it, and, if found, turn it to ice or dense ice. If I understand correctly what "tick randomly with global tick rate" means it will be not more laggy than vanilla grass. Still interested in normal solution if there is someone who want to help and knows how to.