How can you spread a large texture over multiple blocks

Started by Draemonaurious on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 05:11, 28. Aug 2021
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How can you spread a large texture over multiple blocks

I'm trying to find out if it is possible to make a texture where only a section of it is displayed on each block and spreads across multiple blocks. Like a 32 x 32 texture where only a 16 x 16 part of it is displayed on each block laid in a 2 x 2 pattern and each block has a different section that shows up as one whole texture across all 4 blocks. Is that possible or no???

Last seen on 14:09, 24. Jun 2021
Joined Jun 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I think you have to make one…
Fri, 06/12/2020 - 13:33

I think you have to make one texture for every block, for example: chest_top_left, chest_top_right e.c.

So or I can't help you or it is impossible to do.

Last seen on 04:13, 19. Jun 2023
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Create different blocks each…
Sun, 06/14/2020 - 02:46

Create different blocks each one with the texture for its respective position like block_topleft, block_topright, block_downright, block_downleft, then create a fifth block that will turn on in each of these blocks depending on its position. On placing block, it will turn from block to block_downleft for example by destroying itself and placing this other block, then it will verify the blocks nearby it and destroy itself and place the corresponding block that will complete the texture in its place. 

Last seen on 18:50, 15. Nov 2020
Joined Nov 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
maybe make a custom model…
Tue, 06/30/2020 - 01:41

maybe make a custom model that is 32 pixels by 32 pixels, if that woks for what your doing.