Structures getting cut off

Started by tazzan on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 19:56, 31. Oct 2022
Joined Oct 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Structures getting cut off

Sometimes when my mod generates its structures, bits of them get cut off or are missing. I am staying in the 32x32 limit so I'm not sure what's happening.

Last seen on 00:30, 24. Aug 2023
Joined May 2014
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I've run into this issue in…
Thu, 06/25/2020 - 05:48

I've run into this issue in a different way a couple of times. If your structure generates with the world (naturally generating) it can often get cut off if it is bigger than 1 chunk (16x16 blocks). This is due to the structure trying to generate in chunks that have not yet been created, so they overwrite the structure when they are loaded.

This is unfortunately a fundamental limitation of Minecraft and is why you often see large structures broken up into segments, like Villages, Strongholds, and even the Nether Bastions in Minecraft 1.16.

There is a way to get around this, though. I believe that if you spawn a block in place of your structure, then make that block fire a procedure that spawns your actual structure, it will trigger after the chunks have generated and thus not be overwritten. Hope this works!

Last seen on 20:00, 24. Feb 2024
Joined Jul 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How you do that?
Thu, 07/13/2023 - 19:02

How you do that?

Last seen on 22:45, 26. Mar 2024
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
This thread also covers the…
Fri, 09/01/2023 - 11:00

This thread also covers the topic:

https://mcreator.net/forum/99669/solved-large-structures-are-cut

Really quick and easy.

tldr:

- let the structure mod element generate an "empy" structure (void/air)

- give it a procedure for the trigger "on ... generated" where it spawns a single custom block and add "schedule tick update (~ 20 ticks) procedure block at the bottom so that it trigges the block's own on-tick-update-procedure.

- make the custom block; give it that procedure for "update tick" where the block generates you actual structure and then removes itself.

- done

Last seen on 03:04, 18. Dec 2023
Joined Apr 2023
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I tried this and my…
Fri, 11/03/2023 - 22:49

I tried this and my structure tends to generate with air around it in ocean biomes. My structure is basically a sunken ship but it can generate randomly either under water or a bit above it so it is complicated for my structure to generate with air instead of water on depending on where it generates at. and I doubt that adding water onto the structure itself will help because if the structure generates a bit above the water, the water will be floating. So Ima need some help with this.