player tick update

Started by panss on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 00:46, 26. Dec 2021
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
player tick update
Mon, 06/29/2020 - 16:30 (edited)

how can I make it so that after a command is called once, it is called every tick? I'm trying to make my own "death swap" mod, and I don't want the procedure/command it might call to be working on both players. Basically, how can I make a command that is called once, then called every tick, and when the "meat" of the command (teleporting both players to the other's old coordinates every 5 minutes)  is executed, I want certain procedures/commands to only be called on one person.

my highest priority issue is finding out how to call a procedure for only 1 person while the procedure is being called multiple times in a second.

Edited by panss on Mon, 06/29/2020 - 16:30
NBT variable to store when…
Mon, 06/29/2020 - 16:27

NBT variable to store when command is called and the check this NBT var on global trigger player tick

Last seen on 00:46, 26. Dec 2021
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you, it seems like…
Mon, 06/29/2020 - 16:56

Thank you, it seems like this will work! One question, though; did I have to use an NBT var? because I followed your advice instead using a number var, and instead of world tick, I just put player tick because world tick didn't meet the dependencies or whatever. Should I change it?