Cave Biomes?

Started by ArandomPersonT… on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 23:18, 24. Feb 2023
Joined Jan 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Cave Biomes?

Is there a way to make cave biomes? If so can someone help me and tell me how?

Last seen on 22:38, 10. Nov 2021
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
unfortunately no because…
Sat, 07/18/2020 - 00:36

unfortunately no because biomes are set using only x and z coordinates in the game's code

Last seen on 00:42, 10. Oct 2023
Joined Mar 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Structure Blocks. thats how…
Sat, 07/18/2020 - 02:11

Structure Blocks. thats how in my mod Cavecraft: Cave Update there are custom caves,

Last seen on 10:17, 8. Jan 2024
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Sort of, I was in a similar…
Sat, 07/18/2020 - 10:21

Sort of, I was in a similar position to you a month ago since there are so few high quality cave mods around. You can, as MCModded said, use structure blocks in a way that creates air pockets with things inside them although calling these square air structures biomes is just wrong, the other alternative takes a lot of maths, patience and procedure blocks. I recently made a mod called glowing mushroom biome, which using several multi hundred block procedures creates non flat walls/roofs, stops liquids flowing into it and spawns grass and mushrooms and stuff.

https://mcreator.net/modification/64029/glowing-mushroom-biome

I mostly made this mod to challenge myself with the generation and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I can send you the workspace if you'd like to do something similar

Last seen on 04:15, 27. Mar 2024
Joined May 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
What you also could do is…
Thu, 01/28/2021 - 15:03

What you also could do is use a custom block that generates in veins of one, and uses a /fill command to replace all the stone blocks around with a custom block. If you wanted to take this even further, you could have the block spawn a certain number of flying entities that would also convert blocks around them--that way the biome could spread down into more caves. Of course, you'd have to make them die after a little while so they don't spread infinitely.