Dyes for banners and sheep?

Started by McQuackenstein._.1 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 17:12, 27. Dec 2020
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Dyes for banners and sheep?

So I'm making a mod that adds lots of additional stuff to Minecraft such as dyes and I was wondering if there was any way to make it like the other dyes so when I right click sheep with it, the sheep will turn the corresponding colour. And how could I also use the dye in banner crafting in crafting tables/looms? 

Do I need procedures to do this with the sheep? And do I just add multiple crafting recipes for the banners to get it to work?

Last seen on 10:28, 30. Oct 2023
Joined Aug 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
For the sheeps you can…
Thu, 07/16/2020 - 11:42

For the sheeps you can despawn the sheep then spawn an other entity that have the dye color. Technically it's not the same sheep bue the player will think it is

Last seen on 20:38, 13. May 2023
Joined Jul 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
If anyone finds this again…
Fri, 04/14/2023 - 22:37

If anyone finds this again in the future. I have been trying for a while to make new dyes and can make it work for most things, but I cant dye the sheep. I did try to just despawn the sheep and spawn a new one the right color, but nothing happen when I right click said sheep. If anyone know exactly how to do it I would apreciate an answer as hundreds of google searchs resulted in nothing. Only one post ever had an actual picture of the procedure that would be required and it didnt work of course.