Joined May 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Procedure doesn't work in a specific condition

Hi everyone, I have a problem regarding a new block that I've created. It's basically a vine that drops from blocks and destroy itself when the root is destroyed. The procedure I've made for it to destroy is:

"Strangevine(it's the name of my vine block)" update tick:

if: get block at: x [y + 1] z = air OR get block at: x [y + 1] z = void_air OR get block at: x [y + 1] z = structure_void OR get block at: x [y + 1] z = cave_air

do: remove block at x y z and spawn break particles

And, this procedure actually works. But this vine block was made for a dimension that I've made, it's a end-type dimension (thought it could be useful to know that)

So I've made a custom structure spawn in this dimension were those vine blocks would appear and that's were the problem started. Basically, the vine didn't destroyed itself when I broke the root. And the weird thing is, when I place myself that vine in the dimension and there's a air block on top of it, it breaks like it should. So it's when the vine spawns with the structure in the dimension that the procedure to make it destroy itself doesn't work. After that I made another procedure that when the vine is being destroyed, it places a air/ void air/ structure void/ cave air block, so that the vine block below detects the air block on top, and destroy itself. Even with that, it didn't worked, this procedure was useless. I don't know what to do, because even if it works when the player places the vine, it doesn't when it spawns as a generated structure and the structures in the dimension is the only thing that makes the vine block spawn. I'll put an imgur link with images to make it clearer. I'm sorry if I made some mistakes in my english while writing, english isn't my main language. I'll also put the workspace of my mod, if anyone can help it would be really appreciated, I want this mod to be perfect as I imagine it, it's my first big mod :)

the imgur link:

https://imgur.com/a/6yHzpML

my mod workspace:

https://github.com/Gendarmy/My-mod-workspace-

Last seen on 16:48, 17. Jan 2024
Joined May 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Normally naturally or…
Mon, 07/20/2020 - 04:03

Normally naturally or structurally generated blocks don't tick on their own. Try setting it to a "On neighbor block update"(or whatever it's called) procedure and it should work fine.

Last seen on 22:52, 11. Mar 2024
Joined May 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thank you, I didn't thought…
Mon, 07/20/2020 - 15:34

Thank you, I didn't thought about that ! btw love your pfp :)

Last seen on 16:48, 17. Jan 2024
Joined May 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
No problem, and thanks. Glad…
Mon, 07/20/2020 - 21:16

No problem, and thanks. Glad I could be of assistance!