Custom Armor sits to high?

Started by monstermayhem436 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 10:03, 8. Sep 2020
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Custom Armor sits to high?

In the mod i'm making, i created a new helmet type (well, cap/hat). This hat has a custom 3D model and custom texture made in Blockbench.

Both of these work and load in game. However, when on a player's head or armor stand, it sits too high. ≈1-2 pixels too high. After searching for a way to fix this, i found nothing. Even googling "mcreator armor sits too high" gives zero results (soon to be 1 once this is posted). After messing around with a test model (same model and texture, just editing the model around to try figure and stuff out) i was able to lower it, but it lowered it too much. Plus, there was now a texture error where some of the texture would float above the top of the hat, despite no cubes being there in the first place.

The change i made was simply changing the sizes of the cubes so the top part was 8x8 instead of an 10x10, and the sides wrre now 1 taller, with the tops of them now being next to top cube instead of below it, plus edited the texture and rearranged where the textures were on png (original has them near the bottom, test now has them near the top), and saved it as a new test file to not overwrite the old one.

so right now, my 2 hat models load properly, except my test model is too low, and has weird floating texture pieces, and my original loads properly except it's like 1-2 pixels to high.

Does anyone have a fix for either of these?

Pictures of what they lookout in-game-https://imgur.com/gallery/kkKvr1F