Increase Crossbow Damage when using a specific armor piece

Started by damiansb on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 00:48, 29. Oct 2020
Joined Jun 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Increase Crossbow Damage when using a specific armor piece

Hello, guys.

I'm looking for a way to increase the damage of my vanilla crossbow (double it) when I'm using a specific piece of armor. 

I already know how to create some effects on player tick when I'm using a specific armor, but I don't see a way to increase the damage of the crossbow by triggering a potion effect, for example... Since I think there's not a way to do that with potions in the current state.

Anyone have any idea?

Last seen on 21:55, 16. Oct 2022
Joined Aug 2017
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I do not think that is…
Wed, 07/22/2020 - 00:16

I do not think that is possible at the moment without custom code. One alternative I could think of is to add a new type of bow that switches to a different projectile or makes more projectiles when that effect is active. I hope that helps.

Last seen on 14:43, 2. Aug 2022
Joined Nov 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You could add extra damage…
Mon, 07/27/2020 - 14:44

You could add extra damage when an entity is attacked.

If the player has the armour piece and a crossbow in the main hand deal 4 damage to

receiving entity.

Last seen on 21:56, 22. Apr 2024
Joined Feb 2016
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hi. I don't know if you…
Sun, 12/26/2021 - 18:55

Hi. I don't know if you managed to do this. But in the newer MCreator versions (i believe is here since some updates), there's a dependency in the "Entity Attacked" global trigger called "amount". This dependency contains the amount of damage dealt/received on the entity. You could use a "Set health of entity" or a "Deal damage to entity" and use the amount x 2 to calculate a 100% damage increase on each attack. The problem with this is that i think the melee hits with the crossbow will also have this bonus, but since it deals 1 damage on melee i think this will not be a serious problem. I think you can use "immediate source entity" to tag Arrows or projectiles to solve this, but i don't know how this block works. Hope you understood and also hope this helped :)

Last seen on 23:12, 10. Jan 2024
Joined Nov 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Mariano Argüello can u pls…
Tue, 01/09/2024 - 23:44

Mariano Argüello can u pls show me a screenshot of this "amount" block in procedures list, please?
not the first time i read about it, but never found something like that to boost damage in precentage.