Can I change the icon for blocks made from 3d models?

Started by davidaedwards on

Topic category: Help with MCreator software

Last seen on 06:02, 10. Aug 2020
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Can I change the icon for blocks made from 3d models?
Sun, 07/26/2020 - 02:49 (edited)

Hi, I'm new to modding Minecraft and have made a mix of standard blocks with MCreator and blocks based on 3d models (Blockbench via json files) in MCreator. I have a few questions that I'll spread across different posts to keep the issues separate.

The first relates to the icons you see in the game for the different blocks. The standard blocks show up as expected but the ones based on the 3d models from Blockbench show up as a simple view (from the North face I assume)...

Standard and 3d mod model icons

Icons

I tried to create usable icons and apply them to the model but it didn't show up.

Custom model in MCreator

Is there any way to apply an icon to a 3d model block in MCreator?

Edited by davidaedwards on Sun, 07/26/2020 - 02:49
Last seen on 13:50, 6. Apr 2024
Joined Jun 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can't do it in MCreator…
Sat, 07/25/2020 - 12:03

You can't do it in MCreator. For this, you need to go to Blockbench, while editing your block you go to "Display" on top right.
Then you to the "Display" tab above, click on "Apply preset", then "Default block" if you're making a block or "Default item" if you're making an item, and finally click on "Apply on all slots". Blockbench will imediately act if your block was a vanilla block and set everything how a vanilla block should be. (This include icones of course)

Last seen on 06:02, 10. Aug 2020
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Thanks for the response…
Sun, 07/26/2020 - 02:49

Thanks for the response Max094_Reikeb.

Apologies for the typo in the title. Of course it should be "blocks" not "blacks".