Need help placing a fluid on the side of blocks.

Started by cru8 on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 20:26, 13. Aug 2020
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Need help placing a fluid on the side of blocks.

Backstory: I'm currently making an SCP mod. When creating a fluid, Mcreator automatically creates the bucket if wanted. The name of the bucket will be the same same as the fluid element id. This meant that the fluid which I had named "SCP-006" would be displayed as either "S C P006" or "Scp006". This small insignificant detail bothered me enough to make an item with the correct name. The item is a bucket, and the texture is already done, and my issue comes into place with the procedure blocks.

About my problem: Due to the bucket being a custom item, I can't seem to figure out how to properly place my liquid on the side of a block that is looked at, as the "place [ ] at x, y, z" procedure seems to instead replace the block. I believe I would have to use the "block direction" procedure block, however, I have no experience using it. In summary: I need to make an item that when right-clicked on any block, it places a liquid on the side of the block, and I don't know how to do this with procedure blocks. Thanks for your time.

Last seen on 20:26, 13. Aug 2020
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Nevermind, found out how to…
Sun, 07/26/2020 - 21:09

Nevermind, found out how to do this by myself. I used the trigger face procedure block alongside the place block procedure. and did this for every block face direction.

Last seen on 21:59, 14. Jul 2022
Joined Oct 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hello Cru8,   Is possible to…
Tue, 10/27/2020 - 20:41

Hello Cru8,

Is possible to make the fluid not on every block face direction but only the selected face with right clicking ?

Thanks

Last seen on 01:58, 4. Feb 2024
Joined Mar 2022
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I found a much easier way to…
Tue, 03/22/2022 - 20:41

I found a much easier way to solve this issue.

Assuming you have your fluid already created, in your fluids "visual and properties" tab make sure the checkbox "autogenerated fluid bucked?" is checked yes. Then Create your Fluid bucket item. Inside the Fluid bucket items "triggers" there will be "when item in hand tick" create a procedure in this trigger with;

IF item in main hand of event/target entity = (your Fluid bucket item), DO Set item in main hand of event/target entity to #1 (convert fluid (your Fluid Block) to Bucket item).

Boom your Fluid bucket item essentially gets replaced with the working fluid bucket item that mcreator automatically created for your Fluid. Just make sure the Fluid bucket item you made and the autogenerated bucket have the same name.

If you need this bucket in a crafting recipe, replace the item with the "does text ","get display name of ","slot number in GUI" contain "your Fluid bucket item". instead of the actual item.