Need help placing a fluid on the side of blocks.

Started by cru8 on Sat, 07/25/2020 - 23:10

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 20:26, 13. Aug 2020
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Need help placing a fluid on the side of blocks.
Sat, 07/25/2020 - 23:10

Backstory: I'm currently making an SCP mod. When creating a fluid, Mcreator automatically creates the bucket if wanted. The name of the bucket will be the same same as the fluid element id. This meant that the fluid which I had named "SCP-006" would be displayed as either "S C P006" or "Scp006". This small insignificant detail bothered me enough to make an item with the correct name. The item is a bucket, and the texture is already done, and my issue comes into place with the procedure blocks.

About my problem: Due to the bucket being a custom item, I can't seem to figure out how to properly place my liquid on the side of a block that is looked at, as the "place [ ] at x, y, z" procedure seems to instead replace the block. I believe I would have to use the "block direction" procedure block, however, I have no experience using it. In summary: I need to make an item that when right-clicked on any block, it places a liquid on the side of the block, and I don't know how to do this with procedure blocks. Thanks for your time.

Last seen on 20:26, 13. Aug 2020
Joined May 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Nevermind, found out how to…
Sun, 07/26/2020 - 21:09

Nevermind, found out how to do this by myself. I used the trigger face procedure block alongside the place block procedure. and did this for every block face direction.

Last seen on 21:25, 14. Nov 2020
Joined Oct 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • Tracker tickets:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Hello Cru8,   Is possible to…
Tue, 10/27/2020 - 20:41

Hello Cru8,

Is possible to make the fluid not on every block face direction but only the selected face with right clicking ?

Thanks