question about modding

Started by PeppinoYT on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 19:17, 12. Dec 2021
Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
question about modding

Hi, I recently got to know McCreator and I would like to know if it would actually be possible to create quite complex mods such as Pixelmon, or this software limits me in some way being that you cannot write code lines of code

Last seen on 14:43, 2. Aug 2022
Joined Nov 2018
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
You can write code in the…
Mon, 07/27/2020 - 12:59

You can write code in the software if you desire to.

You have code editor in…
Mon, 07/27/2020 - 13:08

You have code editor in MCreator, you can also open MCreator workspace in IDEs like IDEA and Eclipse as MCreator project is a Gradle project at the same time.

You can work on mod via MCreator and IDEA at the same time if integrated editor is not enough. When updating to new MC versions, this is my workflow actually :)

Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
ok, i have an editor, which…
Mon, 07/27/2020 - 13:46

ok, i have an editor, which means i can write java code, but the bees of Mcreator? and another question without writing code can I make mods like pixelmon? or other great mods

I suggest you check our…
Mon, 07/27/2020 - 14:40

I suggest you check our tutorials collection playlist on our YouTube channel which contains many examples and tutorials that can help you get started with MCreator: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAeL-oIFIEngE6jRgFYeFMfuj8WQsO3Ei

They should give you a rough idea on features of MCreator too

Joined Jul 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
I have already seen…
Mon, 07/27/2020 - 14:58

I have already seen tutorials and I know how to use it, the fact and that I don't know if I can create mods like Pixelmon, and also I don't know where to find the documentation of the bees to develop in java always through Mccreator

and another question without…
Tue, 07/28/2020 - 08:03

and another question without writing code can I make mods like pixelmon? or other great mods

Tutorial collection was question to this, other great mods is wide term and this playlist can give you idea on things you can do. Check intermediate tutorials playlist for more ideas.