Giving an Arrow a Particle trail. [2020.4] [1.12.2]

Started by TherapueticLiz on

Topic category: Help with modding (Java Edition)

Last seen on 22:10, 22. Aug 2021
Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Giving an Arrow a Particle trail. [2020.4] [1.12.2]

help

https://imgur.com/AP9KYzv

So far, I've gotten everything else right, but the Particle Trail refuses to work, I've tried different spellings, but nothing.
It works normally with a command block set on Repeat scanning for ALL arrows, but I only need this particular arrow to have a sweepAttack particle trail.
Could anyone recommend me a solution?

Im planning to change the projectile type: to a type of translucent wind blade model later on once I've figured this out.

Last seen on 02:38, 11. Mar 2021
Joined Feb 2015
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
iirc, there is a "in…
Wed, 10/07/2020 - 13:11

iirc, there is a "in projectile tick", which means every tick while the arrow is in the air
if you put "spawn X particle" in there, then a particle will spawn every tick the arrow is in the air, the thing is that the particle can not be one with gravity like the water drops or too small
The problem with your code is that the "spawn X particle here" part will activate only once, and that time would be in the exact same tick the arrow is shot, so it cant spawn
a problem i see in your code is that it will use any arrow that is active in the moment, but this can help you test this
if you put a dispenser constantly shooting arrows and you use this item, then it should spawn 1 particle where the arrows are moving if im correct

Last seen on 22:10, 22. Aug 2021
Joined Sep 2020
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
The particle i'm attempting…
Thu, 10/08/2020 - 00:54

The particle i'm attempting to use is sweepAttack, so it doesn't have gravity restricting it.
You're right about the particle only spawning at the player instead of the Arrow itself, but I don't know where to find or enter this "in projectile tick".
The  "Execute command/ "execute @e[type=arrow] ~ ~ ~ particle sweepAttack ~ ~ ~ 0.5 0.5 0.5 1 1"" doesnt work. Im trying to see if inserting a repeat [X] times will do anything, but so far not alot has been changed.