Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
Creating custom recipe tabs for survival

I was wondering how you create a custom recipe tab for survival mode in minecraft with mcreator.

I thought the feature to do so didn't exist, but looking up an issue tracker, klemen himself says it exists now, but I can't find it.

https://mcreator.net/tracker/issue/56053

He wouldn't just blatantly lie about that, so the problem most likely lays with my lack of experience with maneuvering mcreator's settings.

Where can I find this option? I have a massive amount of modded crafting recipes, and having multiple tabs for them is pretty essential.

He wouldn't just blatantly…
Thu, 10/08/2020 - 12:58

He wouldn't just blatantly lie about that, so the problem most likely lays with my lack of experience with maneuvering mcreator's settings.

You misunderstood what recipe group is. Please read https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Recipe

group: A string identifier. Used to group multiple recipes together in the recipe book.

Last seen on 00:41, 9. Jan 2024
Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
But the exact same problem…
Thu, 10/08/2020 - 13:11

But the exact same problem still persists.. If you have a very large number of recipes, they still pile up in a single slot like that..

Recipe groups, going by the provided link, refer to the different KINDS of recipes, such as crafting, smelting, stonecutting, ect.

Call it a hunch, but I'm pretty sure the OP in the issue thread was referring to recipe groups as in, the tabs to the left of the gui, showing the compass, tools, brick block, ect..

As it stands, there is no way to prevent that from happening.. There's options to change what tab they appear in, in creative mode, but NOT survival mode.

Now I'm kind of wondering if you actually did misunderstand that guy, and incidentally checked off the issue as fixed when it wasn't fixed at all.

What I, and very likely he, was requesting, was a way for users of mcreator to add additional crafting category tabs to survival mode, to allow for large numbers of recipes to be efficiently displayed and sorted.

With ANY mod project on mcreator that has more than 15 or so custom crafting recipes, this immediately becomes an issue, and I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed sooner, if it hasn't already been.

Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
So... Can we can some…
Tue, 10/13/2020 - 17:25

So... Can we can some clarification on this?

Do you intend on adding additional crafting-category tabs to survival mode?

And if not, what will you do to help the cluttered interface of it for now?

Last seen on 18:38, 8. Nov 2021
Joined Oct 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
So was this ever added? If…
Fri, 04/02/2021 - 18:16

So was this ever added? If it was, how do you do it?

Joined Sep 2019
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
It hasn't been added, at…
Thu, 08/26/2021 - 04:38

It hasn't been added, at least to my knowledge.. I'm gonna make a new thread on it.

Last seen on 16:54, 27. Dec 2023
Joined Sep 2021
User statistics:

• Modifications:
  • Forum topics:
  • Wiki pages:
  • MCreator plugins:
  • Comments:
How i can do this ?
Fri, 10/01/2021 - 20:17

How i can do this ?

Survival custom craft table