Topic category: General discussion
Hey, everybody, hope all of you are doing well in quarantine life amidst the pandemic (I know I am). This time around, I wanted to disclose most of the stuff that's going on in my modding journey, my plans, etc. as a novice modder, so here goes.
- Development of Upon Infernal Depths v1.1.0 alpha is currently paused. but it's not coz i don't like it anymore, it's my first mod, I like it, and I don't even plan of abandoning it soon. the reason is that there is another mod I'm making, and it's called "Betterlands", and it'll be improving* the badlands biome. and so far, development of the new mod is going well! already added plenty of stuff there, and as soon as an early alpha release of it is out, I'll start developing UID (upon infernal depths) again, adding even more life to the Deep Inferno in the next update/s, and then remake a very big, yet quite old, personal action-adventure/story mod of mine after that.
- I'm also making another
1.141.15 mod named "Conveniences Mod" which adds quality of life changes, useful items, and whatnot, but I'm still devoting 90%* of my modding sessions to Upon Infernal DepthsBetterlands currently.
- You guys have heard of online classes, right? Yeah, ever since ours started, I've been quite busy, mostly occupied w/ academic stuff. And it's not even as simple as I expected it to be. So yeah, I have less free time than I think. But hey, I have a feeling that our 2nd semester, which is fast approaching, will be easier, as we'll be tackling different and easier subjects
- Aside from that I am currently planning to study things I really want to learn on the last 2 months of 2020. That said, I will be even more busy those days. 'Coz I dunno about you, but I wanna prepare for future days that Life is gonna throw at me where the knowledge I might learn will be useful, and I hope you guys get it. (studying in advance, basically)
- By January 2021, I will be switching my mods' minimum supported Forge version to 1.15 (done)
- I'm thinking of learning intermediate to advanced Java, in order to make most of my mods more polished and be able to do more complicated stuff, when much calmer times come (probably this 2021 summer) coz the Forge community is apparently full of elitists who ree at ppl that don't know Java, and I was planning to upload my mods to CurseForge as well, but i don't think my mods will be... "acceptable" enough to those ppl if they find out somehow that I use MCreator...
- I will continue to develop mods in MCreator, but as personal projects, and also to give you guys some serious content to enjoy. And idk if i'm really a good modder in ur eyes (TBH, I really don't expect you guys to say it) but I'll try my very best nonetheless
Feel free to drop ur thoughts in the comments, I'd be happy to read 'em all :D
EDIT-01/29/2021: Fixed some typos and things i thought i didn't say well. Some stuff have also changed since the creation of this topic, and I included them in the "Updates" section